Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

RIP Leslie Nielsen (1926 - 2010)

I just sit in front of my computer at the office, when i suddenly saw the news.
Leslie Nielsen, the star of "Naked Gun" died yesterday, November 28, 2010.
He died at the age of 84 by complication arising from pneumonia.
He died on his sleep.
That's how i want if i die, too.

It shocks me a lot. He is my most favorite comedian ever.
I even wish that i could be his grand-daughter.
I love the way he put the jokes in his words while making a serious face.

He starts his career in dramatic roles on television during what is now known as "Television's Golden Age", appearing in almost 50 live programs in 1950 alone. He appeared in over 100 films and 1,500 television programs over the span of his career, portraying over 220 characters.

His last movie i saw was "Superhero Movie".
On that 2008 movie, he starred as Uncle Albert, the wisely-silly uncle of Rick Riker, the boy who bit by a dragonfly and turn himself into a superhero.

Bye, Leslie.
Thanks for dropping thousands of laughter on my face each time i saw you on the tellie.

With Anne Francis in his second film, "Forbidden Planet" (1956)

Young Leslie. Cute, huh? :)



The Naked Gun 3: The Final Insult













No comments:

Post a Comment